Seven great blog posts that you shouldn’t miss
1) One of the best books I’ve read on parenting is Shepherding Your Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp, this article by him over at AiG is like a tiny snippet of what makes the book so good.
2) Rob Bell is making the rounds again to promote his new book. He is getting some good questions thrown his way about his orthodoxy.This article by Trevin Wax over at TGC echos many of the same thoughts I had on the recent interview Bell gave on a radio program.
3) Church planting is one of the things I am passionate about, this article by Brian Howard asks a question anyone who has tried to plant a church has asked themselves many times: “Are you a Church Planting Failure.”
4) One of the things that is sorely lacking in churches across America today is a worship leader that lacks gospel-centrality. I know it sounds like a made up word, but go with it on this, and read this article over at TGC.
5) I disagree with many people over many things, but does that mean I don’t love them...read this interview with Dr. Russell Moore to find out how I feel about that.
6) Many in the church tend to think of John Calvin as some sort of rigid, stern figure…many think of him that way that have not read any of his works anyway, as this article points out.
7) And to end on a lighter note this week…want to live a long life…eat more bacon.
TWEET OF THE WEEK
The mission of a follower of Christ is to make Christ known wherever he is..And he does so by proclaiming the glorious Gospel to men.
— Bjørn Storm (@bjornole777) May 9, 2013