Seven great Blog posts from this past week.
1) This post by Erin Benziger figuratively blew me away as it explores the rich, fullness of the doctrine of Sola Scriptura, it is a lengthy article but well-worth your time to read and bookmark, as you’ll want to reference it often.
2) I’ve been wrestling with the idea of jumping headlong back into more youth-oriented ministry at church…and this article by Greg Stier gives some compelling reasons why maybe you should consider doing so as well.
3) As I mentioned on last weeks edition of The Seven, the gay-marrige debate is being discussed by SCOTUS, here is a twin spin on the issue by TGC. The first article (When Did Idolatry Become Compatible with Christianity?) is by a guy who is quickly becoming on of my favorite writers over there, Joe Carter. The second article (Why the Arguments for Gay Marriage Are Persuasive) is by the ever thoughtful Kevin DeYoung.
4) The ever-so-brilliant Dr. Al Mohler adds his insight into the issue of gay-marriage in this article called Bracketing Morality — The Marginalization of Moral Argument in the Same-Sex Marriage Debate.
5) Of course the main issue in all this is sin, we, as humans, are born in a state of sin. Sin passed on to us because of Adams fall, but why is that? How does Adams sin affect us? This article over at Ligonier may be helpful answering that, it’s called: How is it just that all humanity is born into sin because of Adam’s fall? Continue reading